National E-waste Collection Coordinator
12 March 2019
About the organisation
MRI PSO Pty Ltd is the product stewardship arm of MRI E-cycle Solutions, an Australian owned electronics and battery recycler. MRI PSO has been established to provide product stewardship services to the electronics and battery industry and is an approved co-regulatory arrangement under the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme (NTCRS).
It operates a free nationwide e-waste recycling collection network “Drop Zone” in association with local councils, retailers and other organisations.
The key purpose of MRI PSO is to:
- Deliver the NTCRS objectives and outcomes in accordance with the Product Stewardship Regulations, including collection, recycling and reasonable access targets.
- Develop and implement other product stewardship programs for organisations in the electronics, battery and photovoltaics industry.
Developing and maintaining MRI PSO’s e-waste collection channels, fostering relationships with local councils, retailers and other organisations to ensure the promotion, safe collection, handling and recycling of electronics as part of the NTCRS.
- Maintain and develop MRI PSO’s nationwide collection network including growing collections by encouraging promotions and providing support materials and tools.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with MRI PSO’s collection network, including local councils, retailers and other organisations.
- Track, monitor and report on collections and reasonable access requirements in accordance with the NTCRS.
- Maintain and improve MRI’s collection services database for government reporting and the Drop Zone site locator: www.dropzone.org.au
- Day to day administration of the MRI PSO co-regulatory arrangement.
Experience and knowledge
- Customer service / relationship management
- Understanding of waste management and/or recycling sector
- Previous experience with local councils
- Database management
- Contract Administration
- Clear and concise communicator both in writing and orally
- Responsive / proactive customer service
- Strong relationship building and management
- Ability to use databases, spreadsheets, website CMS, social media
- Good at organizing, time management and prioritizing tasks
- Ability to analyse and write reports
What’s in it for you?
- Remuneration between $75,000 and $85,000 (depending on experience) plus superannuation, phone and travel expenses
- Be a part of the circular economy
- Deliver real environmental outcomes
- Training and development opportunities
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
Location of position
The position can be based at either MRI’s Sydney facility in Seven Hills or its Melbourne facility in Campbellfied.
Deadline for application: Close of business – Friday 29th March 2019
Position enquiries to Will LeMessurier: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email applications to Tony Williams: email@example.com