Is your organisation ready for Victoria’s ewaste landfill ban? In less than four weeks or from 1 July 2019, ewaste will be banned from landfill in Victoria. This includes all products with a plug, cord or battery.
The ban may affect your business, hospital, school, TAFE or not-for-profit organisation, so the time is right to get ready and keep your ewaste out of landfill.
Are you ready for the ban, and are you able to help your customers, clients and suppliers recycle their unwanted electronics and batteries? It’s important to note that ewaste can be harmful to the environment and human health if not correctly handled and recycled.
MRI E-cycle Solutions has over 25 years experience in ewaste and battery recycling, and we offer a comprehensive range of solutions for products affected by the Victorian Government’s landfill ban.
Through our product stewardship arm, we also provide the Drop Zone service for unwanted televisions, computers and IT accessories. This is operated under the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme and involves numerous councils and retailers across Victoria and nationwide.
Reuse and recycling solutions
We also provide a reuse and remarketing service for redundant products that are still functional and working. This might be especially useful for IT assets that have been upgraded or deemed surplus to requirements. Our data destruction services also provide peace of mind if you have IT equipment and other data intensive products that need wiping or physical destruction.
And remember … if it has a plug or is powered by a battery, our collection, logistics, reuse and recycling solutions will keep you comply with the ban.
Engaging your staff and customers
Getting your staff, customers and suppliers involved in the ewaste reuse and recycling process is the key to success. Your staff will see the direct benefit through enthusiastic participation in something environmentally positive.
MRI E-cycle Solutions can easily provide turnkey solutions. We can develop and implement a complete ewaste management plan for your commercial or industrial site, including tenant liaison, staff engagement, asset recovery, destruction and reporting. We also provide:
- various collection bins and receptacles for all types of ewaste as well as used batteries;
- educational and awareness raising materials – online and hardcopy;
- support with special events and ewaste drop-off events
Secure data destruction services is part of the solution
- Using military grade Blancco Software MRI E-cycle Solutions can destroy all data from PCs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- MRI can also physically destroy hard drives, data storage devices, mobile phones.
- Onsite or at a secure MRI Facility.
- Secure chain of custody.
Events or regular collections make it easier sometimes
- MRI will supply collection units, signage, information sheets, staff and trucks to promote, collect and transport obsolete electronics and batteries for recycling.
Compliance and reporting is vital for some organisations
- All equipment and data is handled in accordance with Australian and international environmental, health, safety, quality and privacy standards and regulations.
- Includes destruction and recycling certificates and reporting down to asset level if required.
Victoria-wide solutions covering regional centres
Our services and cost-effective solutions also apply Victoria-wide, including regional and remote areas, so don’t hesitate to make contact and see how we can help.
The time is right to contact MRI E-cycle Solutions and ensure your council is adequately prepared ahead of 1 July ban. We have cost-effective solutions that apply Victoria wide, including regional and remote municipalities.
For more information
Contact MRI E-cycle Solutions on 1300 439 278 or email email@example.com if you have questions about the upcoming ewaste landfill ban, and how we can help to ensure that your old and unwanted ewaste, including batteries, do not become an environmental problem.
We are here to assist your organisation, campus or office meet the 1 July deadline
Make contact today:
Mobile 0419 302 682
Mobile 0423 401 322