Understandably, data security concerns are high within any school environment. And that’s why you should choose MRI, a business with over 25 years’ experience in the field.
With our experience and the certification to match, we offer schools a range of services to ensure the utmost in data security along with the best benefits to the environment.
As one of the leading data wiping and e-waste recyclers in Australia, we offer schools the following services:
- On-site data destruction service – our certified technicians can confirm all data destruction before any IT item leaves the premises to remove all privacy issues.
- E-waste collection which can be completed at the same time as any data destruction requirements. When e-waste is diverted through general waste the cost is not only monetary but also impacts our environment through leaching of pollutants into our water table via landfill.
- Recycling of batteries, fluorescent tubes & globes, computers, TV’s & kitchen appliances (EPA Licenced)
In addition, MRI provides each participating school a certificate of recycling for the equipment processed, along with a diversion from landfill report.
How MRI works with your school in three easy steps:
- We team up with your school coordinators to organise a once or twice a year e-waste take-back event for your school.
- We will provide MRI staff and a truck on a pre-determined day and teachers and students can participate by bringing down their e-waste to be loaded directly into the vehicle, or our staff can collect the material if it has already been consolidated for pick up.
- We will provide you with paperwork beforehand so coordinators can list the material provided and hand it in with the e-waste, or we can sort and report on what is collected.
About our secure data wipe service
MRI provides certified secure data wiping of all data recording devices for a small fee using Department of Defence rated software. This guarantees that all sensitive information will be 100% unrecoverable.
Battery & fluoro tube/globe collections
It is a very good idea to recycle your school’s unwanted batteries. Find out why along with the types of batteries we recycle on our battery recycling page.
We can supply a range of battery boxes or bins to suit your needs, and at the same time we can supply labels with your logo or the logo of your choice.
Mercury-containing lamps can also be recycled. As the single largest category of products that contain mercury, with many sadly ending up in landfill each year, Mercury-containing lamps can be recycled to recover the mercury as well as the glass, plastic and phosphor powder they contain.
Educational resources for your school
We would love to see our future generations as passionate about recycling e-waste and ultimately helping our environment, as we are. We can provide your school with both web-based and hard copy resources on e-waste and how it is processed on the following topics:
- E-waste separation.
- Battery recycling.
- Where do things that are recycled end up?
- What happens to a fluorescent tube?
- How is an old TV recycled?
Safety and environmental care is of the utmost importance at MRI. Our processes achieve up to 98% diversion from landfill.
All our facilities, systems and processes are compliant with
- AS/NZS 5377 (Collection, Storage, Transport and Treatment of End-of-Life Electrical and Electronic Equipment),
- ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems),
- ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems), and
- AS/NZS 4801 & OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems).