With a strong focus towards diverting e-waste from landfill at an average rate of 98%, and as an approved co-regulatory arrangement for the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme MRI is well positioned to provide local councils best practice solutions for recycling of all electronic waste.
MRI can make it easy for councils to process all types of e-waste including audio equipment, business machines and domestic appliances.
Our e-waste recycling solutions for councils include the following services:
E-waste from Transfer Stations and Council Depots
- Hook lift bin loads.
- Cages and palletised loads.
- Domestic e-waste.
Battery and fluorescent tube solutions
- All battery chemistries – see battery recycling for the full list of battery types we recycle.
- Battery buckets/bins.
- Fluoro tube boxes.
- HID Lamps.
Solutions for council offices and residential projects
- IT Asset recovery.
- Data wiping.
- Recycling e-waste and batteries.
- Diversion from landfill.
We can organise a special e-waste event for councils including:
- Residential e-waste take-back days with a variety of collection vessels from wheelie bins and cages, to hook lift bins and shipping containers.
- Community involvement.
- Traffic control planning and implementation if required.
- Our fully trained staff onsite with Work Cover accreditation and public liability insurance – all PPE for staff provided.
- Job safety and environment analysis.
- Full reporting of waste streams collected.
- A clean site at the end of the event.
All e-waste recycled
MRI can process all types of e-waste even in co-mingled lots within hook lift bins or cages.
This frees up council efforts to segregate before processing to ensure that compliant waste is processed appropriately, and charges are recorded against the scheme.
Council Offices Solutions
We offer a suite of IT asset recovery, data wiping / destruction services as well as removal and recycling of old IT equipment. Our services include:
- Specialised solutions tailored to suit your requirements.
- Decommissioning and recycling.
- Secure chain of custody from council premises to our recycling facility.
The benefits to councils
- Rebates for approved equipment with option to donate any funds generated to your preferred charity.
- Set fee to assist budgeting.
- Subsidised assistance in setting up e-waste collection services for residents and processing
Compliance and accreditation
All our facilities, systems and processes are compliant with
- AS/NZS 5377 (Collection, Storage, Transport and Treatment of End-of-Life Electrical and Electronic Equipment),
- ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems),
- ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems), and
- AS/NZS 4801 & ISO18000 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems).